So, when it came time to buy our next sofa, we did a little research first and spent a little more.
– painter's plastic – new batting wrapped foam – vacuum
1. Take a sheet of painter's plastic and spread it out.
2. Place the foam on half of the plastic and pull the other half over to cover the couch cushion completely.
3. With your hand, push the air out and tuck the plastic around the cushion.
4. Next, take your vacuum and put the nozzle under the plastic against the cushion. The cushion will quickly compress.
5. Remove the vacuum nozzle and quickly place your compressed cushion in the sofa cover.
6. As the cushion inflates, work at getting it in the cover so there are no lumps or bumps.
7. Pull the plastic out, it will rip and tear but it will all come out. 8. Zip up your new couch cushion.