*As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have always been the baker in our house. There is one exception during the holidays though, when the hubs steps in to make his mom’s toffee bars.
Now, you know they are super easy if he’s putting his baking apron on, so if you need a quick, easy and yummy treat, these are it.
Seriously easy…and who doesn’t love melted chocolate spread on a cookie.
Yum! I think chopped almonds would be good on these too but my husband won’t stray from the recipe.
Maybe I’ll try some next time. 😉
Do you have any long-standing family cookie recipes that you make every year?
OUR EMAILS ROCK!
Subscribe to get the latest in DIY Projects and exclusive subscriber access to our Resource Library!
More cookie recipes
1 cup butter, 2 sticks room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg yolk
1 TSP vanilla
2 cups flour
½ TSP Salt
3 or 4 Hershey bars, 1.5 oz each or 1-(7-oz big bar)
½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt until blended with a big giant metal fork.
- Pat into 13X10 GREASED baking sheet.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes until lightly brown, (will be soft at this point)
- Remove from oven.
- Put chocolate bars on, let melt for about 2 minutes.
- Spread chocolate evenly, sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Cut into squares while still warm and soft.
- After they cool a of couple hours, they can be removed from baking sheet (they'll be crunchy now)
Serving Size: 2 squares
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 160 per serving
Did you make this recipe?
Squeal…toffee one of my very favorite things! Thank you for sharing at Thursday Favorite Things . Watch for your feature on Monday xo
My husband is a toffee nut too Katherine! Thanks so much to you and Pam for hosting Thursday Favorite Things every week and for the feature. 🙂