I have always been the baker in our house. There is one exception during the holidays though when the hubs steps in to make his mother’s Toffee Squares.
Now, you know they are super easy if he’s putting his baking apron on, so if you need a quick, easy and yummy treat, these are it.
Seriously easy…and who doesn’t love melted chocolate spread on a cookie. Yum! I think chopped almonds would be good on these too but my husband won’t stray from the recipe. Maybe I’ll try some next time. 😉
Do you have any long-standing family cookie recipes that you make every year?
I’ll be back on Friday to share an little ornament project that I just finished (it may be a project fail). Thanks so much for stopping by!
- 1 cup butter 2 sticks room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ TSP Salt
- 3 or 4 Hershey bars 1.5 oz each or 1-(7-oz big bar)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream butter, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and salt until blended with a big giant metal fork.
- Pat into 13X10 GREASED baking sheet.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes until lightly brown, (will be soft at this point)
- Remove from oven.
- Put chocolate bars on, let melt for about 2 minutes.
- Spread chocolate evenly, sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Cut into squares while still warm and soft.
- After they cool a of couple hours, they can be removed from baking sheet (they'll be crunchy now)
If you missed it, make sure you check out my Christmas guest bedroom.