My oh-so-easy Green Stuff recipe.
Do you have a favorite recipe from your childhood that is your go-to when you need something quick and easy…and completely yummy? My Green Stuff recipe, that you could find at most of our family gatherings when I was growing up, is that special recipe for me.
I’m not really sure who it came from and what its proper name really is, but we always referred to it as Green Stuff. Probably because it’s….well, green. Everybody in our family, young and old, absolutely loved it.
I’ve taken it to many parties and picnics since I started my own family and most people are afraid to try it. Probably because it’s green? I’m not sure but once they do, they love it too.
Not only is Green Stuff beyond yummy but it is truly the easiest recipe to make, with just 3 ingredients.
It would also be fun to add mini marshmallows or sliced almonds for a little extra crunch.
I know, I know…it’s not very sophisticated, and not even a little bit healthy for you, but every once in a while it’s good to have something green and totally delish.
Have you ever had Green Stuff?
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Easy Green Stuff Recipe
A quick and easy Green Stuff recipe that we always had at all of our family gatherings. So yummy and totally easy to make with just 3 ingredients.
- 3.4 oz. box of instant pistachio pudding
- 20 oz. can of crushed pineapple
- 8 oz. container of Cool Whip I used lite
- 1 tsp. chopped pecans or walnuts for garnish
- Drain some of the juice from the crushed pineapple
- Add the pineapple, pudding mix and Cool Whip into the mixing bowl
- Gently fold ingredients, making sure you mix pudding well
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours